How To Measure
Measuring for your blind is easy. Just choose the video that shows how to measure the type of blind you have, and we’ll take you through it, step by step. Or download one of our PDF's below.
- Measuring Inside and Outside
- Measuring Louvre
- Measuring Perfect Fit
- Measuring Panels
- Measuring Skylight
- Blinds - How to measure(PDF)
- Perfect fit blinds - How to measure(PDF)
- Made-to-measure curtains - How to measure(PDF)
- Ready-made curtains - How to measure(PDF)
- Blinds in a square bay window - How to measure(PDF)
- Blinds in an angled bay window - How to measure(PDF)
- Blinds - Measuring template(PDF)
- Replacement louvres - How to measure(PDF)
- Skylight blinds - How to measure(PDF)
- Always try and use a metal tape measure, you will get a more accurate result
- Have a paper and pen ready to write your measurements straight down
- Look out for things like window handles or tiles. You’ll need to take their position into account to ensure a perfect fit!
- Double check you are entering your measurements in mm, cm or inches
- Always take into account children who may live in your home when choosing the position of your blind controls. Remember a free child safety device is provided with your order to keep cords and chains securely out of the reach of children.
Important note for measuring Roller blinds
For Roller blinds, we have to allow for fittings at either end of the blind, as there is no headrail. Please be aware the actual fabric is approximately 2.8cm less for an exact measurement and 3.3cm less for a recess measurement.
Important note for measuring Vertical blinds
Please note for the drop of a Vertical blind please measure down to your window sill, we will deduct 1cm off the drop for both Exact and Recess measurements to ensure your louvres run smoothly along your sill.
If you’re unsure about anything please call or email us before placing your order.
All our products are made-to-measure using the details you supply when you place your order. We cannot provide refunds for anything that does not fit properly. Always refer to our measuring instructions and contact our team who will be happy to help with your queries. For additional peace of mind, consider taking out our mismeasurement protection, available when placing your order.