Safety made simple
You can find out everything we do to make sure our blinds are child safe right here.
Some of our blinds work without cords or chains. By design, these blinds are child safe. Similarly, our shutters are child safe too.
Any of our blinds that use cords or chains are delivered with child-safety devices. These help to keep controls neat‚ tidy and out of the reach of children. You should always fit these devices with your blinds.
Read on for more information about blinds and child safety.
Cord and chain-free blinds
Cord and chain-free blinds are exactly as the name suggests. And that quality is what makes these options child safe.
You can choose:
• Control cord-free Pleated and Venetian blinds in Perfect Fit frames
• Tab Pleated blinds
• Luxury Roller blinds (these use a spring mechanism)
• Wand-operated Vertical blinds
Alternatively, you could go for shutters, which open and close like doors.
Our child–safe devices
Any blinds that use cords or chains come with child-safety devices. These features include breakaway tassels, consolidators and clips that snap under pressure, but can easily be put back together.
You’ll also get child-safety devices for the controls of your blind to wrap around.
• Roman‚ free-hang Pleated and Venetian blinds come with a cleat for the cord controls to be wrapped around. This child-safety device must be fitted to the wall or window frame at a height at least 1.5 metres from the floor.
• Roller‚ Vertical and deluxe Roman blinds come with a safety hook that keeps the cord or chain controls permanently taut. This child-safety device must be fitted to the wall or window frame at the point where the control has been fully extended.
Don’t forget that it is compulsory to fit your safety device‚ in accordance with the latest European regulations.
Fitting your device is straightforward. Our fitting instructions and step–by–step video guides will help you get it right.
You should always fit the right child-safety device for your blinds. Also, you should follow these tips:
• Beds, cots or furniture should never be placed near a window where children can climb on to the sill.
• Never tie cord controls together.
Making all your blinds child safe
You can easily make any of your existing blinds child safe. All you have to do is order and fit the right cleat or hook.
• Chain-operated blinds need a safety hook for the controls to loop around.
• Cord-operated blinds need a safety cleat attached to the wall 1.5 metres from the floor. The controls
You can order cleats and hooks for your blinds here.